10 FACTS ABOUT THE 2014 WORLD CUP
As we all know, the world cup just started some days ago with lots and lots of excitements and here are 10 facts about the 2014 world cup that makes it even more fascinating. Enjoy…..
1. It’s the second time Brazil will be hosting the world cup [64 years after they first hosted the world cup in 1950.]
2. This will be the first world cup ever that ‘Goal Line Technology’ will be used.
3. For the first time ever, consecutive world cups are not hosted in Europe. Normally after a world cup was hosted outside Europe, it was Europe that would host the next tournament four years later. But now, it was Africa in 2010 and now 2014 is South America.
4. Brazil 2014 is the most expensive world cup ever. The cost so far is around 14-16 billion US dollars.
5. The official world cup song title is ‘We Are One’ sang by Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez.
6. The official 2014 world cup album contain 17 songs
7. The 2014 world cup trophy embarked on a 267 days journey visiting 90 countries.
8. Lionel Messi is the most expensive player at the world cup. He is valued at 139.6 million euros. Second is Christiano Ronaldo at 104.2 million euros.
9. The winner of Brazil 2014 will go home with 35 million us dollars.
10. Germany will play their 100th world cup match when playing Portugal.